About Me

My photo
Just a meandering soul sharing my backyard. Visit my Flickr page too! www.flickr.com/photos/meanderingwa/

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

IM A GRAMMA!

I suppose I failed to mention that I set up a terrarium.

I was inspired by the book "Sound of a Wild Snail Eating" lent to me by a friend.

Here is the set up with the Allogona townsendiana , Oregon Landsnail.  These are common on the grounds where I work.  You also see them frequently in our native woods.


A week ago I first spotted little snail-ettes, about 25 when I last counted.

Today one posed for pictures while eating on a snap pea.  This one has a little shell damage so I will have to keep an eye on it. 

All will return to the wild when they are bigger.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Grandma! Your grandchildren are very cute.

    ReplyDelete