About Me

My photo
Just a meandering soul sharing my backyard. Visit my Flickr page too! www.flickr.com/photos/meanderingwa/

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Like Here, Only Different ~ Lifeboat Drill

Wednesday while walking in St Ives I saw a handsome , photogenic boat.


This is a lifeboat and Wednesday was drill day.

After dinner I went out and noticed an odd craft in the water.  It had treads like an earthmover or a tank.




This is the machine that pulls the boat up into the big garage where they store it.  Notice the person in the water.  I was perplexed as this cove was filled with boats.  The water is barely six to twelve inches deep!


I would have loved to stay out to watch them haul the boat in, but it had been a long day.


This morning the tide was even lower than last night.  The pictures I had taken yesterday afternoon when I first arrived were clearly high tide.


This is a beautiful, lovely town.  I didn't get to all the artist venues.  There is a branch of the Tate Gallery here.  Some of the shops had wonderful artwork.  Perhaps when I get to Penzance there will be someplace that has prints that can be rolled in a tube for safe travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment